Sr. Project Manager - China Projects
NAC is seeking a Sr. Project Manager dedicated to China projects for our talented and collaborative studio in our Los Angeles office. NAC currently employs over 180 employees working in offices in Los Angeles, Seattle and Spokane, Washington with a mission to create exceptional places for learning, healing, and human development.
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for execution of a variety of project types and sizes and will lead all phases of these projects. He or she will be involved in all phases of the project delivery, will serve as the primary point of client contact and be responsible for ensuring client satisfaction for the duration of the project. The Project Manager will interact with and mentor junior staff to encourage a high level of design and professional development.
- Act as lead project manager for a variety of project types
- Participate during all phases of project delivery
- Develop project schedules, budgets, and work plans
- Interface with client, contractor, review agencies, as well as engineering and specialty consultants
- Review internal project accounting documents and process draft project billing
- Participate in firm marketing, proposal writing, and project interviews
- Manage project teams, assign and monitor completion of tasks
- Mentor junior staff
- Participate in the coordination and document preparation for projects and provide quality assurance via review of project documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 10+ Years of Design Management experience in an Architecture firm, working with educational projects.
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural projects.
- Ability to provide excellent client service and assure project profitability.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and other project managers.
- Desire to mentor junior staff.
- Knowledge of building codes
- Computer savvy with skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Project), AutoCAD and Revit.
- Sketch Up and/or Photoshop skills are a benefit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Architecture
- Fluent in both Chinese and Engish
- Architectural license is desirable
- LEED accreditation is desirable
- For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and work sample in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. NAC offers a very generous benefit package that includes health and retirement benefits as well as professional development and growth.
- NAC Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race; color; ancestry; religion; marital status; sex; sexual orientation; citizenship; national origin; age; physical or mental handicaps or disabilities; medical condition; or special disabled, Vietnam-era or veteran status or any other basis protected by law. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Applicants for employment are evaluated on the basis of educational training, professional or other employment experience, professional licensing (when appropriate), and job-related skills and knowledge. If you require accommodation to complete an application or for the interview process, please contact the Human Resources Department.