- Electrical designers are in charge of creating electrical schematics, designing various building systems, and other duties as assigned.
- Confer with engineers
- Help create bid documents consisting of power, lighting, low-voltage systems for primarily K-12 educational facilities
- Review applicable documentation and manufacturers’ literature to determine product suitability as it related to application design.
- Perform calculations in preparation for designing various building systems.
- Revise drawings and designs based on change orders and client requests.
- Adhere to contractual specifications by following local regulations.
- Develop effective, safe electrical application designs.
- Prepare drawing packages that support building code specifications.
Skills and Competencies
- 2-5+ years’ experience in electrical design and drafting.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical design or engineering technology. Graduation from a certified CAD training program preferred.
- Proficiency in REVIT desired.
- Knowledge of BIM graphics programs and construction practices preferred.
- Aptitude to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Strong understanding of mathematics.
- Working, hands-on knowledge of electrical design and construction concepts from engineering through construction implementation.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively and successfully compete multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Willingness/ability to expand knowledge of design and CADD abilities through training (internal and external).
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Positive attitude, desire and ability to learn and grow, self-motivation, and ability to work unsupervised and contribute in a group environment.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word and Excel; AutoCAD knowledge.
- Flexibility and adaptability in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with changing and conflicting priorities.
- Engineers with proven records of accomplishment who are interested in joining a team-oriented culture are encouraged to submit their resume for consideration. Please send letter of interest with salary requirements and Resume or CV to email@example.com. NAC offers a very generous benefit package that includes health and retirement benefits as well as professional development and growth.
- NAC Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race; color; ancestry; religion; marital status; sex; sexual orientation; citizenship; national origin; age; physical or mental handicaps or disabilities; medical condition; or special disabled, Vietnam-era or veteran status or any other basis protected by law. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Applicants for employment are evaluated on the basis of educational training, professional or other employment experience, professional licensing (when appropriate), and job-related skills and knowledge. If you require accommodation to complete an application or for the interview process, please contact the Human Resources Department.