NAC Architecture is seeking a Project Architect to join their talented and collaborative team in the Los Angeles office.
A Project Architect at NAC is responsible for overseeing the architectural integrity of projects; conforming with code, meeting the design intent and client program, and integrating the work of all consultants into the project at each phase of development. He or she will be involved in all phases of the project delivery and will coordinate with the Project Manager, Job Captain, and Design Principal to ensure the project is properly executed. Candidates must possess strong analytical, oral, and written communications skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants, and vendors. Candidates must also have a proven ability in problem identification and problem solving. The successful candidate will have worked with DSA and other approval agencies with a demonstrated ability to successfully deliver completed projects.
- Act as Project Architect for a variety of project types
- Participate with project team during all phases of project delivery
- Interface with client, contractor, review agencies, as well as engineering and specialty consultants
- Participate in firm marketing, proposal writing, and project interviews
- Participate in the coordination and document preparation for projects and provide quality assurance via review of project documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 10+ Years of experience in an Architecture firm, working with educational projects preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural projects.
- Ability to collaborate with team members.
- Knowledge of state and local building codes including accessibility and DSA.
- Effective verbal communication and presentation techniques.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Project), and AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino and Photoshop.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Architecture
- Architectural license is required
- LEED accreditation is desirable
- For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and work sample in PDF format to email@example.com.
- NAC Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race; color; ancestry; religion; marital status; sex; sexual orientation; citizenship; national origin; age; physical or mental handicaps or disabilities; medical condition; or special disabled, Vietnam-era or veteran status or any other basis protected by law. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Applicants for employment are evaluated on the basis of educational training, professional or other employment experience, professional licensing (when appropriate), and job-related skills and knowledge. If you require accommodation to complete an application or for the interview process, please contact the Human Resources Department.