NAC Architecture's Los Angeles office is currently seeking a Project Accountant in our Chinatown office to join our talented and collaborative team. The Project Accountant is responsible for establishing and maintaining financial records for design projects as well as provide support to the Principals-in-Charge and Project Managers in fulfilling their responsibility to ensure each project is completed in a financially responsible manner.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure signed contracts are received, properly filed and all insurance requirements are satisfied.
- Maintain project budget and review financial results on a timely basis.
- Calculate and prepare client billings monthly.
- Manage Accounts Receivable.
- Calculate consultant expense incurred and coordinate payment of invoices.
- Prepare, maintain and analyze office forecast.
- Review and approve general accounts payable and expense reports.
- Set-up new clients and projects in Deltek Vision.
Skills and Competencies:
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to effectively and successfully complete multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Demonstrate trust and reliability. Highly ethical business practices.
- Able to operate under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Willingness to take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Must be a reliable self-starter, and have a strong service-oriented demeanor.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Prepared to learn and challenge conclusions or requests.
- Thorough knowledge of standard contract terms.
- Ability to employ problem solving skills and analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bachelor degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Experience in Architecture & Engineering, Construction or other project based industry and knowledge of Deltek Vision are preferred.
- For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
- NAC Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race; color; ancestry; religion; marital status; sex; sexual orientation; citizenship; national origin; age; physical or mental handicaps or disabilities; medical condition; or special disabled, Vietnam-era or veteran status or any other basis protected by law. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Applicants for employment are evaluated on the basis of educational training, professional or other employment experience, professional licensing (when appropriate), and job-related skills and knowledge. If you require accommodation to complete an application or for the interview process, please contact the Human Resources Department.