In 2004, district voters passed a facility bond that allowed for the renovation of the historical Five Mile Schoolhouse, which houses the Mead Education Partnership Program. Built in 1939, the building sat unused and neglected for the past 30 years, with many of the original features, both interior and exterior, having suffered irreversible damage. Much of the interior was rebuilt with close attention paid to use of period-defining features compatible with the age and character of the building. In addition, all new power, data and communication systems were installed throughout the building. The result was a new building that aligns the antique charm of past architectural style with current technology.