John R. Rogers High School's original 1932 three-story structure has been renovated and modernized as part of a $49 million project that also includes a major addition to the school one designed to complement the classic art deco design of the original high school building. The restoration work is consistent with preservation standards of the Secretary of the Interior, and the school district will be seeking nomination to the National Register of Historic Places. Restoration efforts included cleaning and re-pointing exterior masonry, repair and replacement of exterior cast-stone ornaments, and replacement of exterior windows with new historically consistent insulated glass windows. New mechanical, electrical and tele-data systems were seamlessly integrated into the original structure in a manner consistent with the original interior. The school, with its 170,000-square-foot addition, is now positioned to serve students for years to come in a state-of-the-art educational facility.