Desktop Support Specialist - Spokane
Work for a top 100 architecture firm that has a passion for engaging with communities and creating places that advance learning, enhance wellness and enrich lives. NAC Architecture’s Desktop Support Specialist performs in a team oriented environment supporting users on the design side in engineering and architecture to the business side in marketing, research and finance in our Spokane, Washington, office.
We need an emotionally intelligent, problem solver to join our team. The top candidate will have a career interest in computer science/information technology or actively pursuing basic technology certifications such as CompTIA A+ or Network+. We want to help you advance your knowledge and encourage you to help us advance ours!
You will be responsible for ensuring internal end-user satisfaction during problem resolution. Additionally, you will maintain computers and peripheral systems operation to enable end users to efficiently accomplish business tasks both on-site and remotely. Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Support desktop systems, printers, phones, video conferencing equipment and software.
- Install, configure and maintain workstation computers and laptops, printers and other related equipment, devices and systems.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via our ticketing system, telephone and e-mail in a courteous and expeditious manner.
- Monitor and encourage the use of help desk reporting system.
- Record, track and document the help desk request problem-solving process through the entire process.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, driver, knowledge base, forums and FAQ resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Provide scheduled network tasks as well as coordinating special projects.
- Ideal candidate will have some formal IT training and a desire to learn and help others.
- Minimum of 1 year prior help desk/customer service experience is required.
- Ability to provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows 10 Operating Systems and experience with Help Desk ticket system.
- Familiarity with or experience developing and deploying Windows OS using the Windows ADK and Deployment Workbench and a clear understanding of WINPE and IMAGEX is preferred
- Experience with Spiceworks and Dell Client Systems is a plus.
Candidate will possess outstanding written and oral communication skills and must have excellent customer service skills. Must be able to balance time between help desk and IT project work with minimal supervision in a geographically distributed team environment.
- Please send letter of interest with salary requirements and Resume or CV to Human Resources. NAC offers a very generous benefit package that includes health and retirement benefits as well as professional development and growth opportunities.
- NAC Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race; color; ancestry; religion; marital status; sex; sexual orientation; citizenship; national origin; age; physical or mental handicaps or disabilities; medical condition; or special disabled, Vietnam-era or veteran status or any other basis protected by law. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Applicants for employment are evaluated on the basis of educational training, professional or other employment experience, professional licensing (when appropriate), and job-related skills and knowledge. If you require accommodation to complete an application or for the interview process, please contact the Human Resources Department.