NAC’s mission is to create exceptional places for learning, healing, and human development. We are seeking a Project Architect for our Seattle, Los Angeles, or Spokane office who is passionate about working on K-12 education projects, especially international work in China. Applicants should have between 7 - 15 years of experience. NAC is a national firm with over 180 employees working in offices in Seattle, Spokane, and Los Angeles. Your contributions will elevate the design excellence of the public environment.
Applicants should have experience with K-12 facility design. The K-12 projects in China are some of the most progressive educational environments in the world and we are looking for someone with enthusiasm for working on these exciting projects. Additionally, they will have the ability to think analytically from concept to detail, communicating concepts successfully in both verbal, written, and graphic format within a collaborative team environment.
- Help Lead architectural team and coordinate work of architectural teammates, including distributing tasks and reviewing teammates work.
- QA/QC architectural documents as well as review and coordinate them the work of structural, mechanical, electrical, civil, landscape, and other consultants.
- Design technical details.
- Research and select appropriate materials, products, and finishes.
- Interface with international design team during project development and construction.
- Effectively communicate relevant project knowledge and collaborate with design team members.
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture.
- 7 - 15 years of experience in an architecture firm, working in all phases of project development, including coordination with consultants, code research, and construction administration.
- Proficiency in Revit.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated to learn, ability to identify and resolve problems, and ability to perform work with limited oversight.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively and successfully complete multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Being fluent in Mandarin and having previous experience working on projects located in China is a plus but not mandatory.
- Project Architects who are interested in joining our team-oriented culture should send a letter of interest, resume, and academic portfolio or work samples in PDF format to Human Resources. NAC offers a very generous benefit package that includes health and retirement benefits as well as professional development and growth.
- NAC Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race; color; ancestry; religion; marital status; sex; sexual orientation; citizenship; national origin; age; physical or mental handicaps or disabilities; medical condition; or special disabled, Vietnam-era or veteran status or any other basis protected by law. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Applicants for employment are evaluated on the basis of educational training, professional or other employment experience, professional licensing (when appropriate), and job-related skills and knowledge. If you require accommodation to complete an application or for the interview process, please contact the Human Resources Department.