Are you a motivated individual looking for a collaborative team to join? Are you passionate about electrical engineering and excited about computer-aided design and drafting systems? If so, NAC Engineering wants you!
The NAC Engineering team is seeking an accomplished electrical drafter in our Seattle office with proficiency in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) systems to increase support of the expanding practice of its parent firm, NAC Architecture.
NAC is a national firm with offices in Los Angeles, Seattle, and Spokane with a track record spanning more than half a century. Our mission is to service our clients by creating exceptional places for learning, healing, and human development. Our people are our intellectual and creative lifeblood.
Works directly with the design team preparing bid document plans including power, lighting, system plans, one-line and riser diagrams, schedules, and electrical details. Provides quantity take-offs for estimation purposes. Performs non-routing and complex assignments from verbal instructions and under minimal supervision; considerable drafting/CADD skills are required to visualize and portray complex design features.
Essential responsibilities and functions include the following:
- Produces and assists with the creation of construction documents consisting of primarily of drawings based on written and verbal direction from other more senior staff.
- Converse fluently with manufacturers, or their representatives, on products and installation guidelines and be able to capture and transfer that knowledge to other team members.
- Setup and archive projects.
- Follows CADD standards.
- Properly document research conducted.
- Communicate, document, and coordinate the electrical requirements of equipment designed and specified by other discipline team members.
- Have a working knowledge of building construction.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School or equivalent diploma.
- Certificate/Degree or related education or working experience CADD fundamentals.
- Five or more years of electrical CADD design for an electrical consulting engineering firm.
- Ability to learn, demonstrate, and train others how to use other graphic programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup.
- Strong attention to details while maintaining consistent work flow and overall project efficiency.
- Good organizational and documentation skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Be able to understand and demonstrate general consulting engineering business practices such as delivering tasks and projects on time, within budget, and satisfying the project requirements.
- Applicants who are interested in joining a team-oriented culture are encouraged to submit their resume and portfolio to Human Resources. NAC offers a very generous benefit package that includes health and retirement benefits as well as professional development and growth.
- NAC Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race; color; ancestry; religion; marital status; sex; sexual orientation; citizenship; national origin; age; physical or mental handicaps or disabilities; medical condition; or special disabled, Vietnam-era or veteran status or any other basis protected by law. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Applicants for employment are evaluated on the basis of educational training, professional or other employment experience, professional licensing (when appropriate), and job-related skills and knowledge. If you require accommodation to complete an application or for the interview process, please contact the Human Resources Department.