BIM Specialist - Seattle and Spokane
At NAC, we have a passion for engaging with communities and creating places that advance learning, enhance wellness and enrich lives. As a BIM Specialist you will work in a team-oriented environment supporting users in architecture, interiors and engineering as part of a team that supports 3 offices. You will have the opportunity to engage with design professionals through various Communities of Practice (CoP) including BIM, Revit Best Practices and Digital Practice. We are seeking three candidates, one in each of our three locations (LA, Seattle and Spokane) who are passionate about BIM to support both foundational standards and production skills while helping us move our employees and our projects forward with new BIM objectives.
More Specific Duties Include:
- Work with project teams to develop and execute a project strategy that includes leveraging BIM, utilizing tools to solve problems and advance the project design and production.
- Work with Communities of Practice to identify, test and suggest ways for us to better leverage BIM technology.
- Support project teams in utilizing the BIM Execution Plan.
- Support firm-wide Revit/BIM standardization through project startup support, Revit model health checkups at appropriate milestones and other related activities.
- Support users in developing knowledge and skills related to Revit, BIM and NAC’s standards and best practices, and apply them to projects.
- Interface with partner architecture firms to support shared use of BIM model where needed.
- Interface with construction firms for BIM related activities in Design-Build projects and construction coordination where needed.
- Interface with the IT team on hardware/software interactions and implementation of new or updated BIM software
- Monitor software updates for Revit and other related BIM software and work with IT to prep, test and push out updates.
- Trouble-shoot technical issues regarding Revit and BIM related software.
Candidates should be approachable and accessible and possess outstanding written and oral communication skills. Must be interested in learning new things and sharing knowledge and be able to adapt teaching approach to learning styles. Listening to team needs and the ability to creatively problem solve a must.
- Please send letter of interest with salary requirements and Resume or CV to Human Resources. NAC offers a very generous benefit package that includes health and retirement benefits as well as professional development and growth opportunities.
- NAC Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race; color; ancestry; religion; marital status; sex; sexual orientation; citizenship; national origin; age; physical or mental handicaps or disabilities; medical condition; or special disabled, Vietnam-era or veteran status or any other basis protected by law. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Applicants for employment are evaluated on the basis of educational training, professional or other employment experience, professional licensing (when appropriate), and job-related skills and knowledge. If you require accommodation to complete an application or for the interview process, please contact the Human Resources Department.